No Products in the Cart
Viveberry uses the coffeeberry to boost our coffee. This is because 25 million tonnes of coffeeberry are wasted every year, leading to major environmental issues. Viveberry is only a few months old, born out of a need for a coffee that has a smaller impact on the environment, whilst boosting the nutrients of coffee, our mission is to inspire others to find goodness where others have missed, to make the most out of all resources, not just to mindlessly create and consume. If something can be better, it should be better.
For me on a personal note, I think change should come from the bottom as well as the top. That is, take environmental change for example, the eco-warriors living their lives everyday as sustainably as possible, are a crucial ingredient for change, as well as businesses (both large and small) being inspired at the top by these people and making changes to the way they operate.
For me, my passion was to always have a business where I can make the greatest change, but for others its living their individual lives. I think which ever you’re passionate about is the way you should be inspired to make change, because if your passionate about what you’re doing you’ll never lose the drive.
Elaborate where you can! For me I can’t remember a specific moment where I made the conscious choice to change my way of living, it was definitely came naturally. My love and respect for nature grows larger every day and my passion to care for it. For as long as I can remember I always wanted to consume the healthiest alternative, the one with the least packaging and from the brand that I actually loved and trusted. In saying that, it is a challenge that I try to do my best at every day, but it can be hard especially being on the road so much. When I surround myself with people who are living in these ways, I always draw so much inspiration from them, that’s why I feel like it’s so important to surround yourself with people who live with ethos that you strive to be more like.
What does it mean to you? It’s a word that gets thrown around a lot, it seems to be everywhere. I think for most people and brands (viveberry included), whilst we are trying to be sustainable there is always so much more we could and should be doing. I think it’s easy to see the brands that are actually committed to continuous improvements and the ones that are just greenwashing. The word sustainability actually scares me a little, we are so so far from humans achieving a lifestyle in which we can guarantee a sustainable existence for our planet and ourselves.
I think the best advice to anyone is try to apply the 80-20 rule. That is, the first 80% requires 20% effort and the last 20% requires 80% of the effort. If we can all first aim to do those easy 80% things, we can make a huge difference so easily. You don’t have to be perfect, but I think slowly move toward it over time should be the goal. With that, the easiest way to achieve this first 80% is to do the following:
- Avoid the big 4 (plastic coffee cups, plasitc water bottles, plastic bags, plastic straws) buy purchasing beautiful reusable products that you get excited to use.
- Look for second hand before buying new
- assess your rubbish bin for the biggest 3 contributors and research better alternatives
- Research local farm gates/produce stores and spend the time to find a routine you can stick to for your shopping. This places usually use less packaging.
- Bulkfoods! Take your jars and fill them up with tastier spices, grains, snacks…
- If you forget your bags at a supermarket just find an empty cardbox box on the shelf to use and use paper mushroom bags for your greens.
consumer choices (quality over quantity mentality)
- The poor man pays twice. Be sure to always weigh up the lifetime of a product…
Chances are the better quality one will save you money in the long run.
- Think about why the cheaper option is cheap…. It is usually because somewhere along the line another human/environment has been exploited.
Not everyone in the world can afford the luxury of buying quality products. Here at
Viveberry it is so important to us to give back but to also lead by example. Taking
only what we need and giving back what others need.